Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How To Move Forward...


What a hell of a year! 2009 was tough for everybody I think. With the economy, there was a ripple effect that caused eveyone to feel it. I had to put everything on hold with music: my job was laying people off left and right, lost my boyfriend/almost fiance', lost my grandmother, my friends and family lost key people in their lives, had a myriad of health problems that kept me in and out of the hospital, and then on top of all that I gained like fifty pounds from stress (why couldn't it be the other way when I lose weight because of stress??) What a stressful year!


Despite all of these obvious life changing moments, God has given me a renewed hope and expectation for the new year. The last couple of months of this year have exploded! I have been requested more and more to sing (and with the songs God has given). Even though I lost a woman who has made an impact on the lives of everyone she touched, her life has inspired me to do the same and don't waste time. Her death made me think about my life. For every negative situation, I got a song out of it that touched people. I started grad school, got a new job to start next year, got other people jobs when people said it wouldn't happen, I have a new business, and a new love interest. Even as a country, we became more cautious about how we spend money, more compassionate to people who were struggling because of our struggles and more involved in the world outside of our own minds.


Many times, we have difficult situations that seem to overtake us and shake our world up. But on many occasions I am left to believe that these things come to show us the opportunities that existed all along; the ones we didn't see because we got so comfortable with our current situations. These things come to shake us up, but if our foundation is strong (the Lord and the Word), it only shakes out those things that hindered us. So as you approach this new year, think about what you will take from the shaking of 2009. How will you move forward and whose life will you choose to impact? Don't let the lessons that were shook into us be forgotten! You can begin a new year with a new resolution that you will be inspired to keep, especially if you had a shaking that woke you up like it did me. Forget it! No more resolutions! It's time for revolution! Are you with me!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment